Transcribing a video meeting is easy with Otter.ai
Simply join your video meeting in speaker mode, and use Otter.ai to record and transcribe side-by-side!
Who can use this method?
• All users on all Otter plans: Basic, Pro, and Business
• Up to 40 minutes per recording for Basic Plan users
• Up to 4 hours per recording for Pro/Business Plan users
Follow these 4 easy steps to transcribe a video meeting live with Otter.ai:
1. Put your video meeting on speaker mode (i.e. no headphones).
2. Record with Otter.ai running in a web browser window on the same computer where you host your video meeting, or the Otter mobile app for iOS or Android placed between you and your computer's speaker.
3. Check Otter's live transcription to make sure that your device's microphone is picking up your voice and all voices in the video meeting.
4. Share Otter's live transcription in 3 ways:
- Live share via Screen sharing - You can use the screen sharing feature of your video meeting platform to share the browser window displaying Otter's live transcription.
- Live share via a Public Link - You can provide attendees with a link to view Otter's live transcription on any web browser. In Otter web or mobile app, click the Share button, then click Create a link (web) or Link Sharing (mobile) to generate and copy the link.
- Live collaborate with Otter Users & Groups - You can invite people to view the live transcription in the Otter app and participate in highlighting, commenting, and adding photos collaboratively. In Otter web or mobile app, click the Share button and enter the email addresses of the recipients, or the names of the Groups you have set up in Otter.
Check out this video for a demo of this side-by-side recording method:
• Hands down the most affordable AND accurate in the market, period
• Available cross-platform (iOS, Android, and Web) on all your devices
• Packed with collaboration features to save time and boost productivity
• Live transcribe Zoom meetings with Otter.ai
• Transcribe Zoom recordings with Otter.ai
• How to transcribe Cisco Webex meetings with Otter.ai
• How to transcribe a video on a Mac with Otter.ai
• How to transcribe a video on a PC with Otter.ai