Capture and share meeting notes automatically
Need an easier way to take meeting notes? Running late or can’t make a meeting? Otter Assistant can automatically join any Google Meet meeting hosted by a Google Workplace account to record, transcribe, and share meeting notes for you.
✓ Schedule ahead and never forget to take notes again
✓ Save time & effort every meeting
✓ Works even if you run late or can’t make a meeting
All it needs is a Google Meet invite link; no Google Meet admin setup required! It also works for Google Meet meetings not hosted by you.
Otter Assistant is a paid feature in the Otter Business plan.
• The meeting host must use a Google Workplace (formerly known as Google Apps and later G Suite) account instead of a free Google account
• People with whom you share notes can use Otter Basic or higher
• Other options with Otter Basic/Pro: Otter Chrome Extension | Side-by-side Recording
Setting up Otter Assistant
Setup is quick and easy. When you log into Otter.ai and see a popup introducing Otter Assistant, click Get started to begin.
Next, Otter needs to sync your calendar events. Click Connect for each calendar app you use and sign in to allow Otter to access your calendar. When you are done connecting to your calendar(s), click Next to continue.
My Agenda lists your upcoming calendar events in the next 7 days. Click through the tutorial tips to learn what you can do on this page.
You are all set! Otter Assistant will join all Google Meet meetings and share notes automatically. You have full control of which meetings Otter Assistant will join and share notes in My Agenda (see details below).
Managing Otter Assistant for all meetings
You can change the default behavior of Otter Assistant for all meetings by going into Settings at the top right corner of My Agenda.
Auto-join all meetings
For maximum automation, turn on this toggle to invite Otter Assistant to join all meetings by default. You can adjust the Auto Join toggles for individual meetings in My Agenda as needed.
Auto-share notes to calendar event guests
For maximum automation, turn on this toggle to always share notes to all guests of a calendar event by default. You can change the sharing options for selected meetings individually in My Agenda as needed.
Sharing Permission Levels
• Viewer can view, playback, add highlights, and export the text and audio of the conversation, but not comment or edit.
• Commenter can comment, in addition to what a Viewer can do, but not edit the conversation.
• Editor can edit the conversation and add images, in addition to what a Commenter can do.
Send Otter links via Chat
For convenient access to the Otter notes during the meeting, check this checkbox to allow Otter Assistant to post the Otter link in the Google Meet Chat window (about 5 and 15 minutes into the meeting).
Managing Otter Assistant for individual meetings
You can adjust the auto-join and sharing options of Otter Assistant for selected meetings individually in My Agenda.
You can adjust the Auto Join toggle for any meeting, overriding the defaults in My Agenda Settings.
You can adjust the sharing options for any meeting, overriding the defaults in My Agenda Settings. Mouse over a meeting and click the Share button.
Share with calendar event guests
Turn on this toggle to share notes to all guests of this calendar event.
Share to group
Select an existing Otter group or create a new Otter group to share with.
Adding Otter Assistant to a live meeting
For any meeting that is not in My Agenda (e.g. an instant meeting that was not on your calendar), you can invite Otter Assistant to join this meeting on the fly.
Click the Add to live meeting button in My Agenda and paste the Google Meet invite link (i.e. the full link including the ?pwd=... portion at the end).
• Otter Assistant for Zoom
• Otter Assistant for Microsoft Teams
• Otter Assistant for Google Meet
• How to transcribe any video meetings with Otter.ai
• How to transcribe a video on a Mac with Otter.ai
• How to transcribe a video on a PC with Otter.ai