You can set up Otter to sync cloud recordings (enabled for Zoom Pro, Business, and Enterprise plan subscribers) from your Zoom account automatically.
1. In Otter Web, click your profile icon at the upper right corner, then select Account Settings > Apps.
2. Look for Zoom in the Connect Apps section, and click Connect.
3. Sign in to your Zoom account.
4. Click Allow to complete the setup and authorize the connection.
5. You then need to go to your Zoom account Settings > Recording and confirm that Cloud recording is enabled. Share cloud recordings only with members of my account and Require password to access shared cloud recordings should also both be disabled.
6. Make sure the Admin Account Settings have the same settings enabled. If you are not the admin, you will need to ask the admin of your Zoom account.
7. Starting with the next Zoom meeting you host (with cloud recording enabled), Otter will automatically sync from your Zoom account as soon as new cloud recordings become available. For example, a 1-hour meeting would take about 1 hour for Zoom to make the cloud recording file available. Then Otter would take less than 1 hour to sync and transcribe. So it would take about 2 hours total for the transcript of a 1-hour meeting to be ready in your Otter account.
You may learn more about cloud recording in this Zoom Help Center article.
For Zoom recordings saved locally on your computer, you can manually import them into Otter.
- In Otter Web, click the Import audio/video button, then click Browse files.
- Go to the folder where Zoom saves local recordings (see default locations below):
PC: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\Zoom
Mac: /Users/User Name/Documents/Zoom
- Select one or more file(s) to import:
audio_only.m4a is an audio file, which is smaller in size, thus faster to upload
zoom_0.mp4 is a video file, which is larger in size, thus takes longer to upload
You may learn more about local recording in this Zoom Help Center article.